What is a co-operative?
- What types of Co-operatives are there?
- Co-operative Principles
- A Brief History of Co-operatives
- Frequently Asked Questions
- International Labour Organization
This section features case-studies of unique and interesting co-operatives from around the world.
Currently we are featuring:
- Syinurayi Collective Farming Co-operative (Zimbabwe)
- The Alma Mater Society Bicycle Co-operative (Canada)
- Golden Triangle Energy Co-operative (U.S.A.)
Featured Training Links
This section features examples of co-operative education programs that will give you an idea of some of the basic as well as more advanced learning options that you may choose to follow.
Featured Links include:
- ILO International Training Centre - Turin, Italy
- University of Victoria - British Columbia, Canada
- Camosun College - British Columbia, Canada
- L'Institut Supérieur Panafricain d'Economie Co-opérative - COTONOU, Rép. du Bénin
- Swedish Co-operative Center - Stockholm, Sweden
The International Movement Today
This page features an overview of the major international co-operative organizations: their aims, identities and methods.
While a specific focus is on international organizations such as the International Co-operative Association (ICA) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) there is also a featured links section, and an extensive list of websites.
The first part of this section presents some of the innovations that are transforming existing co-operatives, while the second part is dedicated to showcasing new and exciting co-operatives.
Featured New Co-operatives
This section features new innovative co-operatives from diverse economic sectors.
The current Featured New Co-operatives are:
- New Insurance Initiatives - Pillar Insurance Ltd.
- New Energy Initiatives - Touchstone Energy
- New Agricultural Initiatives - Island Empire Utilities Agency
Featured Innovations in Existing Co-operatives
This section features innovative changes that existing co-operatives have made to meet the changing needs of their members.
The current Featured Co-operatives in this section is:
- New Health Initiatives - Mental Health Co-operative
Starting a Co-operative
This section features a short review of the basic steps involved in becoming a registered and functional co-operative. It also provides links to other websites with much more detailed, and regional co-operative start-up models and analysis.